Long Weekend Staycation – Easter 2017
Friday 14th – Monday 17th April 2017
It’s a rarity as an adult to get 4 days off work in a row – but the Easter Long Weekend gives you the opportunity to explore this great city of Sydney and see the sights in areas such as The Rocks, Darling Harbour, Circular Quay, and more.
You don’t have to be from interstate or overseas to enjoy our beautiful city – for local Sydneysiders, why not enjoy a staycation? Even if your home is only a few suburbs away, you’ll feel like you’re on a holiday!
Don’t forget for our international friends, Friday 14th (Good Friday) is a Public Holiday where lots of businesses close for the day, so be sure to check before heading out.
The Russell Boutique Hotel – Top 5 Activities for the Easter Long Weekend
1. Sydney Royal Easter Show – whether you go for the show bags, the rides, or the fireworks, the Easter Show is the family tradition with something for everyone. Treat yourself to lasagne on a stick (yes, it’s real), visit the food pavilion, or watch great shows in the arena. 6th – 19th April, tickets http://www.eastershow.com.au/
2. The Great Centennial Park Easter Egg Hunt – this event requires booking ahead, as it is popular with families. Spend the day on a chocolate-induced sugar high as you roam the grounds of Centennial Park following the trail map and completing challenges. Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th April, tickets http://www.centennialparklands.com.au/whatson/events/the_great_cp_egg_hunt
3. Enjoy a walking tour of The Rocks – with the extra days to explore, you can delve deep into the history of the sandstone and hear tales of extraordinary people from the early days of British settlement in The Rocks. After exploring the cobblestone laneways, dine on a delicious meal at the Fortune of War First Fleet Bistro, overlooking Nurses Walk. Daily, 10.30am and 1pm, tickets http://www.therocks.com/things-to-do/the-rocks-walking-tours/
4. Grounds of Alexandria Easter Weekend – The Grounds Easter Weekend has become famous for offering plenty of food and fun for the whole family to enjoy. Their Family Easter Roast Lunch is a fantastic meal to share, with options to add on appetizers, desserts, and meals for the kids. Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th April, https://thegrounds.com.au/Spaces/easter/
5. Sweet Addiction @ Royal Botanic Gardens – it wouldn’t be Easter without chocolate! If you’ve consumed too much of the sweet stuff, explore this living botanical exhibition and experience a different side of chocolate, from plantations and history to an interactive chocolate mill. Until 17th April, tickets https://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/Visit/Sweet-Addiction
FOR THE ULTIMATE HOLIDAY FEELING, STAY AT THE RUSSELL BOUTIQUE HOTEL AND BOOK DIRECT!
- 5% discount on best available rate
- Complimentary continental breakfast & wifi
- Flexible cancellation terms
WHY STAY WITH US?
We’re your home away from home! The Russell Boutique Hotel is a unique and historic boutique hotel with 30 individually designed rooms, offering warm and friendly service located in the heart of The Rocks, Sydney. All guests at The Russell Boutique Hotel also receive access to our sitting room and private rooftop courtyard, complimentary continental breakfast, complimentary wifi, and one of the best locations in Sydney.