Long Weekend Staycation – Winter 2017
Queen’s Birthday Weekend Fri 9th – Mon 12th June 2017
You don’t have to be from interstate or overseas to enjoy our beautiful city – for local Sydneysiders, why not enjoy a staycation? Even if your home is only a few suburbs away, you’ll feel like you’re on a holiday! The June Long Weekend gives you the opportunity to explore this great city of Sydney and see the sights in areas such as The Rocks, Darling Harbour, Circular Quay, and more.
The Russell Boutique Hotel – Top 5 Activities for the June Long Weekend
- Vivid Sydney: As the world’s largest festival of lights, music, and ideas, VIVID Sydney incorporates the famous Festival Light Walk from The Rocks to Circular Quay, as well as displays at Darling Harbour, Taronga Zoo, Chatswood, Darling Harbour, the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney, and new this year Barangaroo. The sails of the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge will both again be illuminated as part of the Festival Light Walk. View our guide on the top 5 must see experiences! Vivid Sydney, 27th May – 17th June, throughout Sydney.
- Warm Winter Cocktails at The Push: Cosy, intimate, and located just downstairs, The Push is the perfect destination to settle in for an evening of delicious cocktails. With 3 uniquely crafted warm cocktails on the list just for Winter, it’s the best way to beat the chill. The Push, 143 George St The Rocks. Open Daily 12noon – late.
- The Bodyguard Musical: The musical adaptation of the hit Whitney Houston film is fantastic, melodramatic, over the top, and wonderful. Home grown talent fills the stage, and Paulini’s musical theatre debut does perfect justice to the range of Houston hits that pepper the storyline. Closing soon, get your tickets before it’s too late! The Bodyguard Musical, @ The Lyric Theatre, The Star, Pirrama Rd Pyrmont. Until 2nd July.
- Vivid Skywalk: Sydney’s highest viewing platform is the perfect pedestal to see the beauty of Vivid Sydney at night. The 45 minute guided tour outside the famous golden turret of Sydney Tower will showcase the key landmarks of the festival below and provide the opportunity for once-in-a-lifetime photos of amazing patterns of light and colour, with the beautiful illuminated Sydney city as the backdrop. Daily at 7pm & 8pm during Vivid Sydney, Sydney Tower Eye Skywalk.
- Titanic The Exhibition: Journey into the heart of the Titanic and experience the world’s largest and most comprehensive exhibition about this iconic ship. A must-see for families, students, historians and fans of the timeless Titanic story! Daily 10am – 6pm, Byron Kennedy Hall, Entertainment Quarter Moore Park.
FOR THE ULTIMATE HOLIDAY FEELING, STAY AT THE RUSSELL BOUTIQUE HOTEL AND BOOK DIRECT!
- 5% discount on best available rate
- Complimentary continental breakfast & wifi
- Flexible cancellation terms
WHY STAY WITH US?
We’re your home away from home! The Russell Boutique Hotel is a unique and historic boutique hotel with 30 individually designed rooms, offering warm and friendly service located in the heart of The Rocks, Sydney. All guests at The Russell Boutique Hotel also receive access to our sitting room and private rooftop courtyard, complimentary continental breakfast, complimentary wifi, and one of the best locations in Sydney.