The Russell Hotel is only a short trip away from Sydney’s Shopping Precinct.
If you love to shop then staying at The Russell Hotel will put you’ll be in a shopper’s heaven! Simply take off on foot, or take the light rail up George Street and explore some fantastic shopping experiences:
- Queen Victoria Building: a heritage-listed built in 1898 occupies a whole block on George Street. This spacious and ornate building of Romanesque design was created as a produce market and functioned as such for two decades. In 1986 the Queen Victoria Building reopened after a $75 million renovation. The QVB has five levels shops with over 170 unique retailers. Definitely worth a visit even if you are not going to shop.
- The Strand Arcade: another beautiful heritage-listed Victorian-style retail arcade opened in 1892, runs between George Street and Pitt Street Mall. The Strand Arcade remains a majestic beauty in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Sydney’s central business district. You’ll stumble across something out of the ordinary here from the famous Adelaide chocolatiers Haigh’s to Strand Hatters.
- Westfield Sydney Shopping Centre: Over the years many smaller shopping centres have been transformed in the current Westfield site. It is Sydney’s premier shopping strip with David Jones, Myers and other international high street fashion labels. Offering a mix of top designers and fashions across four levels, with a further three levels of dining, Westfield Sydney is the ultimate shopping and dining destination. Also home to Sydney Tower the tallest structure in Sydney.
- The Rocks Markets: Are open from 10am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. Located a stone’s throw from the Russell. Take a stroll through the bustling market stalls and discover locally-designed fashion, handcrafted jewellery and unique homewares. Meet local artists and photographers, sample handmade beauty products, or simply grab a bite to eat from one of the many food vendors, to fuel your exploration!
- Kirribilli Markets: Is held bi-monthly on alternate weekends. Catch a ferry to Milson Point or take a pleasant stroll over the Harbour Bridge to arrive at The Kirribilli Markets. One of Sydney’s oldest and most popular artisan Markets. Featuring over 220 stalls selling, new and recycled fashion and accessories, emerging local fashion designers, home and gift wares, arts and craft, jewellery, plants, gourmet foods and a whole lot more!